Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Encouraging Words!

After my last post and telling everyone that prayed for me and thought of me during that marathon, I just wanted to say how thankful I am for encouraging words. People have been so sweet and encouraging to me about my race and what to do in the future!
Thank you to all of you for your thoughtfulness and encouragement.
God has shown me 2 things so far:
1) I love encouraging others but don't look for encouragement often myself. God has blessed me with lots of it the last few days and shown me how much I need all of those around me! They weren't let down because I wasn't super woman and didn't make my goal. They just came along side and encouraged me to not give up and to try again.
2) I like to pride myself on being self sufficient and able to handle whatever comes my way without asking for help. God reminded me through this race that others are a blessing and their help is essential to me! I need to reach out, humble myself and ask because they are more than happy to answer. I might even be getting in the way of something God is doing in them by not asking for assistance.
Praise the Lord for working in and through us in all things! He uses whatever means to get to us and through us to others. I am still learning and grateful for the experience. But most of all I am grateful for the relationship I have with God!
You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; you have loosed my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness, that my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to you forever!
Psalm 30:11-12

No comments: