Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year is coming

I can't believe that Christmas is over for another year and we are facing New Year's again. This time of year always makes me reflective and I thought I would list out some of the things that happened this year!

1) We celebrated over a decade of marriage this year
2) Got a new sister in law that I love
3) Had a BABY!!!! Wow that still seems unreal
4) Have 3 new nephews in 6 months so our boys can all grow up together terrorizing each other, the animals and the rest of the cousins
5) God has grown our faith through some trials and travails but also renewed our energy and hope daily as he asks us to press on
6) Had work changes with having a child, that has been different to get used to but God has completely taken care of it and is helping me adjust
7) Have had to adjust to new extended family expectations with a child. That has been different but God is working on our selfishness

There are many more but I am extremely grateful to God for getting me through each and every day with His love and grace! The words from a hymn come to mind "To God be the glory, great things He has done".

Father, may I bring You more glory in 2011!

No comments: