Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday night update

Hello and long time no blogging... Sorry about that. It has been a little nutty the last few weeks but I wanted to catch you up on some fun and great blessings.
-Last week we had a benefit concert with Natalie Grant for the Mid Cities Pregnancy Center and God blessed it so that it went very smoothly. The whole event went over beautifully, mainly due to the wonderful volunteers we had for the event. We could never have done it without all of you and may God bless your time and service greatly!
-Thursday Hurst gave some employee awards and the wellness program won an award for excellence and team work for the employees. It is such a blessing to see that the employees are benefiting from the program and it is making a difference in their lives. That makes me know that God has me here for a plan and a purpose and that He is working in this program. It brought tears to my eyes because I know that they are the ones who do the work and take to heart what they are learning. Thanks for the encouragement!
-Yesterday we had employee giving day for the city and it was incredible to watch employees turn out at 4 homes in Hurst to transform them into something better than before. It was such a joy to serve the seniors who can't do the work for themselves anymore and to watch all of the employees bond together to work for others benefit. I was moved at the team work (and it was hard work) and generosity of each employee.
Each of these events brought to mind how blessed and awed I am to know each of you and to serve God in all that I do. It inspired me to work harder and to never give up. To make each encounter count and to enjoy all that God brings my way through life. Even the mundane is a gift we can give to someone else!
Psalm 144:15
Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the LORD!

No comments: