Friday, May 22, 2009

Marriage leading to family- have I missed God's intent

I am taking a little survey of an article that I read and I am curious what you think. If you have time, first read the article below and then answer the following questions:
1) What was your 1st reaction to the article?
2) What was the hardest thing to agree with?
3) What was the easiest thing to agree with?
4) Do you think the authors are correct?
5) What does this challenge in you?
6) Would you read the book or recommend the article to others?

http://www.breakpoint.org/listingarticle.asp?ID=11712

Here are my answers:
1) What was your 1st reaction to the article? I was a little uncomfortable at first because I find myself in that category of getting married and being determined to enjoy married life but unsure about the kid question. We have been married for lots of years and I know that God has not laid the burden for children on Jonathan's heart or has the timing been good in the past but I am still wondering about my decisions and the motives of my heart.
2) What was the hardest thing to agree with? That I have been in the wrong and have been being selfish with my life and with my time. I see myself portrayed in this article and it is a ugly picture.
3) What was the easiest thing to agree with? God is working on all of us and He can give us the love and desire for children!
4) Do you think the authors are correct? I do agree with several of their points and will have to do some serious praying and seeking God about this topic now. I do think that we can easily get off balance about it and go towards legalism too!
5) What does this challenge in you? My own selfish nature and buying the lie that I have to have it all and children are a burden rather than a gift.
6) Would you read the book or recommend the article to others? I am intrigued to know more and make look into this book. I would love to have a discussion group about it with others.

1 comment:

Terri said...

I'd be glad to participate in a discussion group if it works out, Esther. I appreciate your honest responses to the questions. It's so reassuring to know that God is in control and that He will adjust our view points when necessary.