Thursday, September 10, 2009

Some great quotes

I am working on "Experiencing God" by Henry Blackaby again. It is very thought provoking and I can already feel a crisis of belief coming along as God requires some major adjustments in me to follow after him. Here are just a few quotes from today's lesson that really got me thinking.

"The essence of sin is a shift from God-centeredness to self-centeredness. The essence of salvation is denying self instead of affirming self."
Wow, what a deep truth. I could spend all day just mulling over this. We shifted our view from God to self with the fall and only through God's provision of redemption from ourselves can we be set free. I am a trap for my own soul! Self always leads to destruction!

"God never asks people to dream up something to do for Him. The pattern in scripture is that we submit ourselves to God. Then we wait until God shows us what He is about to do, or we watch to see what God is already doing around us and join Him."
Once again the focus is off of self and completely on God. When we look around us at the world and see what God is doing, we have a choice to join him or keep living in the disaster that is our self.
Potent thoughts for today.

No comments: