Monday, June 15, 2009

MIA

Here it is the middle of June and I can't believe that I haven't been on here in a while! With life and being busy, I haven't posted as much as I have wanted to.
I am enjoying some summer bible studies but other than that, my schedule has been as busy as ever. When you don't have kids, aren't in college or a teacher, summer is pretty much the same except for more heat! This is the time of year when you don't want to wear too formal of professional dress for work each day! Thank goodness I can wear workout clothes when I am working some days! ;-)
But really I am blessed and thankful. Last week we had a big storm come through the area and our power was out for a few days. It quickly reminded me of how thankful I was to have air conditioning and a working fridge. Thankfully work is in the AC and I could borrow a fridge for most of my groceries. It could have been much worse. God was gracious to us and the weather wasn't too hot! The storms were awesome to watch and always inspire me to worship God and be awed by his creation.
By his breath the skies became fair; his hand pierced the gliding serpent. And these are but the outer fringe of his works; how faint the whisper we hear of him! Who then can understand the thunder of his power?"
Job 26:13-14 NIV

No comments: