Monday, March 23, 2009

Hobbling Monday

This weekend was filled with a whirl of activity due to attending a continuing education conference I had to attend and working on taxes etc. We have been busy being responsible adults but I had to share a funny story. ;-)
We went to the park yesterday afternoon for a little break and played some 2 on 2 soccer with my brother and his girlfriend. The 2 girls guarded each other and the 2 guys. While the boys certainly had more skills, we girls made up for it in aggression. I knocked over my opponent lots and we both have huge gigantic bruises on our shins and calves. Then both of us rolled our ankles and I was bowled over- head over heels- by my own loving husband and team-mate (I guess we both wanted the ball). By the time we hobbled home (with the dog leading the way), we could only laugh in utter dismay at our legs! While the men swore we wouldn't be allowed to play anymore since we were obviously bent on self-destruction. This morning I can barely walk with my ankle but it sure was fun! God must be laughing even more than we are!!!

No comments: